BCYPAA7 There is a Solution
August 2nd, 3rd & 4th 2013
What: British Columbia Young People in Alcoholic Anonymous Conference.
Where: Rainbow’s Roost Acres of Wonder 6675 Westsyde Rd. Kamloops BC
When: August 2nd,3rd & 4th 2013 (August long weekend)
How Much: Pre-registration (before July 1st 2013) Tickets are $25. Tickets are $30 after that.
This year the BCYPAA7 Conference will be held at an outdoor venue! Bring your camping gear and stay right on the grounds for the price of your registration ticket. Kids under 12 are free.
We are offering a catered meal options that includes Saturday breakfast and banquet dinner and Sunday breakfast. Tickets are being sold for $40. You can purchase meal tickets for children ages 5-10 for $25 per child. Children under the age of 5 with parents that purchased tickets eat catered meals for free.
There will be a concession running throughout the weekend selling beverages, hotdogs, burgers, chips ect. the venue is within city limits so you cannot build your own fire to cook on (campfire meetings will be on propane fire pits . You can bring a grill or share with someone else. *PLEASE NOTE- FOOD CONCESSION WILL NOT BE RUNNING DURING CATERED MEAL TIMES. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO PURCHASE AN ALL INCLUSIVE MEAL TICKET, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE FOOD TO EAT DURING THOSE TIMES.
We have been advised that if you bring a dog, it MUST BE LEASHED AT ALL TIMES. They will ask you to leave if this rule is not followed…there are no exceptions (Dogs have attacked the petting zoo animals in the past)
Weekend activities will include: Speakers, panel meetings, marathon meetings, workshops, yoga, dj dances, movies, swimming, petting zoo for kids just to name a few.
The Rainbow’s Roost is a family owned and operated events facility located on a stunning 53 acre property on the bank of the North Thompson River, and a mere 25 minutes from downtown Kamloops
- Boasts a 3,000 square foot post and beam assembly hall with men’s and women’s bathrooms.
- Ponds, canals, lawns, pasture, natural vegetation, and river front setting with beach
- Outdoor stage for speaker meetings, panels and DJ equipment
- Petting zoo with mini horses, rabbits, silky hens, dwarf goats, lambs, pigs and a llama.
- Electrical outlets in the hall to charge phones
- Area to park RV’s (no hook ups)
- Pay showers
- In addition to having the indoor washroom facilities, there are also several outhouses throughout the property.
- Propane fire pits available for campfire meetings
- Groceries, gas, hotels and other city amenities are within a 20 minute drive.
Get there early on Friday to get a good spot!